This Healthy Coffee Recipe is a guest post and recipe provided by Joyce Barbee.
If you start each day with a cup of coffee like most of us, why not make a healthy coffee and apply a “healthy slant” to it? You can enhance your health by just adding a few extra ingredients to your regular cup of coffee, which is already naturally rich in antioxidants. Try this variation for a healthy coffee recipe and you’ll be starting your day a little bit healthier.
Believe it or not, coffee is emerging as an important health food to include in your diet. According to WebMD, people who drink coffee are less likely to have type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, and dementia. In particular to diabetes, people who drank more than 7 cups per day had a 35 percent lower risk of diabetes and those who drank 4-6 cups had a 28 percent risk reduction. In addition, coffee drinkers have fewer cases of certain cancers, heart rhythm problems, and strokes! Most of the benefits of coffee are related to the powerful antioxidant nature of coffee. Now you can use this healthy coffee recipe to make an already healthy beverage even healthier!
Healthy Coffee Recipe
1 to 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (good quality)
1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute
Cayenne pepper (Cayenne pepper is high in vitamin A. It also contains vitamin B6, vitamin E, vitamin C, riboflavin, potassium and manganese).
1. Prepare your brewed coffee as usual. Pour hot coffee to fill ½ to ¾ of cup.
2. Add cocoa powder and sugar, stir thoroughly, (use more or less to taste)
4. Add desired amount of almond milk, stir.
5. Place cup in microwave for a couple of seconds to reheat.
6. After reheating, add cinnamon powder based on personal taste, I use a couple of shakes.
7. Add a dash of cayenne pepper, stir thoroughly and enjoy.
Did you enjoy this healthy coffee recipe? Share your thoughts below!