Sometimes my best recipes are the most random ones… This Zucchini Spaghetti recipe was randomly put together during the halftime while my favorite football team was losing. The game was so embarrassing that I got up, and went to the store without a grocery list or any idea of what I was going to cook that evening. Once I walked into the store, I decided that I wanted pasta, and that I was just going to find the healthiest ingredients in the store, throw them together in a pot, add thin noodles and eat. Well, it turns out that the dish made out a lot better than my football team!
Through frustration and proper alignment of the planets birthed a Zucchini Spaghetti pasta that was simple to make and quite tasty. Not to mention super healthy.
Give it a try!
Grocery List for 8 Servings:
- Angel Hair Pasta (1 Box) – $3
- Onion (1) – $1
- Zucchini (2) – $3
- Ground Sirloin (1 pound) – $5
- Diced Tomatoes (1 can) – $2
- Minced Garlic – 3 Tbsp
- Italian Seasoning – 5 Tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil
- Cook the past thoroughly as directed and set aside when done.
- Chop onions and zucchini into 1/4 pieces while pasta is cooking
- Coat a large pan with olive oil and heat to medium high.
- Cook the ground sirloin.
- Add onions to ground sirloin and continue cooking.
- Add zucchini to meat/onion mix when meat is well done.
- Add diced tomatoes and turn down heat to a simmer.
- Add minced garlic, italian seasonings, salt and black pepper and mix.
- Add drained, cooked pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Adjust seasoning to taste, but easy on the salt!
Sometimes we all just need a quick and easy dish to make when time and budget are tight. This is a great healthy option, and your family will surely thank you for this Zucchini Pasta dish!