Warning: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/exercisemenu.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ad-injection/ad-injection.php on line 824
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/exercisemenu.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ad-injection/ad-injection.php on line 831
Learn more about fitness with eleven tips to achieve a successful lifestyle of fitness:
- Think of exercise as something you have to do to stay healthy. You have to shower, brush your teeth, put on deodorant and wash your face. Keeping up your hygiene keeps the outside of your body healthy, but what do you do to keep your arteries clean, bones healthy and muscles strong? It takes 20 to 30 minutes a day to shower, etc. You must take another 20 to 30 minutes to maintain everything under the hood. As little as 15 minutes per day can add 3 years to your life!
- Do what you love. Sure, there are exercise programs that will work some muscles better than others. Yes, exercising longer at a higher intensity is better than leisurely activity. But do what you enjoy! Dance, swim, run around with your kids or grandkids, walk your pets, challenge a friend to a race, play physically active video games. Try to squeeze in a workout with weights and do Fast Pace a few times a week. But, hey, any movement is better than no movement.
- Plan your workout into your schedule. Treat it like an event that you have to do. You can’t skip out on meetings, assignments, your kids games, etc. Don’t skip out on your workout. You only need to do two or three per week. Even better, many 20 minute workouts are available on this site!
- Get a partner! Pair up with a buddy, spouse or co-worker, so someone can hold you accountable for your workouts. Encourage them, and allow them to encourage you. I gotta tell you, writing about fitness forces me to workout because I don’t want to be hypocritical. You can’t coach if you don’t believe in the program! Likewise, teach others what you are actually doing. Check out this workout for couples!
- Don’t cancel out your hard work with poor eating habits. It takes a lot of time to burn off calories that you add to your body in a matter of seconds. Choose your calories wisely and watch the weight melt away. The USDA recommends eating one half a plate of fruits and vegetables, one fourth a plate of a lean meat and one fourth a plate of a whole grain for most meals.
- Make your waist circumference the most important measurement. Paying too much attention to your weight can be discouraging because you may be gaining weight from muscle mass. I still suggest weighing yourself daily, so that you are continually conscious of your weight. But, if your clothes are getting bigger and you are now using the third and fourth holes on your belt, you are doing well.
- Avoid fads. I hate to say it, but there are no good tricks to losing weight. Calories in minus calories out equal weight loss.
- Buy nice workout clothes. Just putting on your workout clothes and feeling athletic can motivate you to go through with your exercise. Finish line, an Exercise Menu affiliate, offers many options for comfortable workout clothing.
- Meditate during your workout. Meditation doesn’t have to be sitting in a candlelit room with your legs crossed. Think about the events of the day and the week while exercising. You will find that a lot less will be on your mind when you are done. The spiritual aspect of getting healthy is of utmost importance.
- See your doctor. You must have regular preventative checkups if you do not regularly go to the doctor. It’s much better to identify a problem early than waiting. Make sure all appropriate preventative exams are done this year!
- Have fun, make it fun! Don’t allow exercise to become a chore. If it’s too boring, then it’s time to change what you are doing, or maybe change who you are working out with. Listening to a new play list is one of the easiest ways to keep things fresh.