Imagine doing an all out sprint — for 4 minutes! Let me welcome you to Tabata Training!
Essentially, this is the Tabata high-intensity interval training workout routine, and you can thank Izumi Tabata, a Japanese researcher for proving that this intense workout routine improves most, if not all, aspects of your cardiovascular system. Here is a good source to learn more about it.
Tabata HIIT Workout
Before we begin this Tabata HIIT workout routine, there are a few things that you should know about HIIT:
- You should perform a light 2-3 minute run warm up before beginning.
- The faster you run, the more fat you will burn and the more fit you will become.
- High intensity means HIGH INTENSITY! You must run in place as fast as you can for the given time period!
- You can perform this workout routine 2-3 times per week for optimal conditioning
Now for your simple Tabata Training High Intensity Interval Workout Routine
- Sprint for 20 seconds as fast as you possibly can
- Rest for 10 seconds.
- Repeat 8 times for a total 4-minute workout routine.
If you do this right, you will be out of breath and pretty tired. But hey! It will be worth it because this workout will burn calories for the next 24 hours!