I am not a chef…
I see cooking as an art and a hobby at times, but I cannot say it is a passion. In fact, I am not a huge follower of recipes, as I just do not have the patience to follow the recipe exactly. Sites like Dr. Gourmet have made cooking easier, but still — I am the type of person that goes to the store, buys a bunch of stuff that seem to go together well, and mixes them in some sort of conglomeration that I call “dinner.” For once, my crazy cooking tactics actually produced a tasty fish. In fact, good enough to even write about it and share with you.
Sweet Basil Honey Salmon Healthy Recipe
I guess ingredients should be first:
- Peanut or Canola oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place a skillet coated with oil in the oven.
- While your oven is warming up, lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over your fish. Coat heavily with Basil.
- Cover the fish with honey, which helps to seal in the seasonings.
- When hot, take the skillet out of the oven. Place the seasoned fish skin down on the pan (it should sizzle).
- Place in the oven and cook until the top of the fish is beginning to turn a light brown.
- Remove and spread honey once more on the fish.
This is good stuff… Enjoy!
A Few Health Benefits of Salmon
Most of the health benefits of Salmon are due to the omega -3 fatty acids in the fish. Omega – 3 fats:
- Improve the health of your heart
- Improve mood and cognition
- Protects your joints
- Prevent chronic dry eye
- Decrease your cancer risk
In addition, the protein content of salmon is exceptional and great for rebuilding muscle after your Exercise Menu workout!