Quinoa — potentially one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Shrimp — one of the tastiest meats on the planet. Combine quinoa, shrimp with a handful of vegetables and healthy spices and you get one of the tastiest, nutritious meals imaginable.
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you… One of my favorite Exercise Menu Healthy Slant recipes — Savory Shrimp Quinoa!
This dish was really fun to make. Honestly, the taste is so palate pleasing that I forgot that I cooked it and assumed it was something that I bought… Plus, it’s good for you, so there is no guilt after 🙂
Savory Shrimp Quinoa
Grocery List for 8 Servings:
- Shrimp – $16 (2 pounds)
- Quinoa – $5 (1 box)
- Onion – $3 (1)
- Red Bell Pepper – $2 (2 pepper)
- Garlic Glove – $1 (1/2)
- Old Bay Seasoning – 2 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce – 1/4 of a cup
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1/2 of a cup
- Equipment – Food Processor
- Clean and devein your shrimp if purchased fresh.
- Cut your onion and red pepper into long 1/4 inch strips.
- Chop up your garlic into small, minced pieces.
- Add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar and minced garlic into the food processor and mix until garlic is finely cut up.
- Coat a pan with olive oil and cook shrimp over medium heat.
- Cover shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and set aside.
- Cook quinoa as directed.
- Sautee onion and red bell pepper over high heat.
- Add shrimp and quinoa to the vegetables and mix.
- Slowly add the soy, balsamic vinegar sauce as you mix. Add to taste! Be sure not to add more sauce that you would like because this can make your dish to salty or sour. Be sure to sample as you add!
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a dish that I didn’t have any problems eating three nights in a row 😉