This is a guest post by Jamie Miles, an emerging leader in motivating others to improve their health and fitness lifestyles! This Healthy Slant Portabella Mushroom Pizzas Recipe contribution is much appreciated. You can follow Jamie at @jamichmiles on Instagram!!
So I’ve definitely been on a mission to find a deeper passion in the kitchen, mixing simplicity with fresh, clean ingredients. But never at the expense of taste and creativity! I’ve been experimenting with some ideas in the kitchen. This is one of my latest creations: Portabella Mushroom “Pizzas.” I am an avid pizza lover, but when trying to eat healthier, delivery pizza just won’t do! This is perfect for a lunch choice or a snack. What your culinary self will need: portabella mushroom caps, spaghetti sauce, fresh spinach and feta cheese crumbles.
Portabella Mushroom Pizzas
Grocery List for 4 Servings:
- Portabella Mushroom Caps – $8 (4 )
- Prego Spaghetti Sauce (I used Super Mushroom) – $2.50 (1 jar)
- Organic Fresh Spinach – $3 (1 bag)
- Feta Cheese Crumbles – $4
- No additional seasonings are needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut stem off each portabella cap and rinse mushrooms thoroughly with water
- After the oven preheats, place caps in oven for 8-10 minutes to heat (on foil)
- Remove caps, spread 1-2 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce on each cap, sprinkle with ¼ cup of feta crumbles (spread between both caps) and top with two small handfuls of fresh spinach leaves on each cap
- Place back into the oven for 6-8 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!!!
Either sautee’ leftover spinach in olive oil or use in a salad for a complete meal!
Enjoy your fresh, tasty Portabella Mushroom Pizzas!