Welcome to this Exercise Menu Healthy Slant Recipe: Grilled Black Drum. Instead of frying fish, try a healthy slant and choose to grill your fish this time. If you like fish, you can’t get much healthier than grilled black drum.
Black drum are saltwater fish are found in the western Atlantic, the Gulf of Mexico, the Antilles (uncommon), the southern Caribbean coast; also from the Orinoco delta to Argentina. They are mostly bottom feeders that eat mostly mollusks, oysters and crabs. As far as flavor, black drum has a moderate taste and is not oily. It can be cooked in many ways, but is perfect for the grill as long as it isn’t overcooked.
To balance your meal, we will also cook some spinach and add a side of hummus.
Healthy Slant: Grilled Black Drum Dinner Recipe
Grocery List for 4:
- Smart Balance Butter – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Minced Garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Grated Parmesan Cheese – 2 tablespoons
- Paprika – 2 tablespons
- Cayenne Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Set your grill to medium heat.
- Mix the paprika, cayenne pepper and salt. Season the skin side of the fish.
- Cook the Organic Frozen Spinach over the stove or in the microwave.
- Put aluminum foil on the grill grate or use a skillet. Place this on the grill. Put one tablespoon of Smart Balance in the middle.
- Place the fish on top of the butter and cover the grill. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is flaky.
- Add the rest of the Smart Balance Butter, minced garlic and parmesan cheese to the spinach and mix.
- Remove the fish from the grill and cut into 4 sections. (Season to taste, easy on the salt!)
This is one of my favorite quick, healthy recipes that costs less than $20 to feed a family of four. Even better, you will have hummus, Ezekiel bread and spinach left over for the next dinner!