Does anyone here like Chipotle Restaurant??? Clearly, somehow, you ended up on this page because you were researching your own way of creating such great tasting Chipotle Restaurant-Style Fajita Bowls for you and your family. I have a promising Chipotle Restaurant-Style Fajitarecipe for you!
I spent a good bit of time researching the ingredients and cooking methods to create a fajita bowl this rivals the classic Chipotle Restaurant-Style fajita bowl and believe that I came fairly close. Either way, I know you will like the result and have fun making this dish!
Chipotle Restaurant-Style Fajita Bowl
Grocery List for 10 Servings:
- Brown Rice – $3 (2 cups)
- Black Beans – $2 (2 cans)
- Red Onion – $2 (1)
- Green Bell Pepper – $3 (4 peppers)
- Tomato – $2 (1)
- Avocados – $6 (2)
- Limes – $1 (1)
- Romaine Lettuce – $3 (1)
- Chicken Breast – $5 (1 pound)
- Smoked Parmesan or – $5 (1 cup)
- 4 cups water
- Olive oil
- Black Pepper
- Chives, fresh or seasoning, 3 Tbsp
- Minced Garlic, 1 Tbsp
- Chili Powder, 1 Tbsp
- Smoked Paprika, 1 tsp
- Oregano, 1 Tbsp
- Garlic Salt, 1 Tbsp
- Onion Powder, 2 Tbsp
- Cumin, 1/2 Tbsp
Prepare the Rice
- Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to your rice pot and warm over medium heat.
- Add rice and stir until the rice is hot and toasty.
- Add the water and bring to a boil over medium to high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the water in the rice is absorbed. ~ 50 minutes to cook.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Add 1/4 tsp of salt and chives.
- Adjust lime juice, salt and chives to taste. (Easy on the salt!)
Prepare the Guacamole
- Remove the avocados skin and pits.
- Add meat to a bowl and mash thoroughly.
- Slice a red onion into small pieces.
- Add 1 an 1/2 Tbsp of lime juice and mix.
- Add 1/4 cup of red onion and mix.
- Season with salt to your desired taste.
- Cover the guacamole tightly with a plastic wrap.
- Cover the bowl with more plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator.
Prepare the Black Beans
- Open the cans of beans and drain the liquid into a bowl that you will save.
- Mix minced garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano and 1/2 tsp salt into a separate bowl.
- Heat a pain to medium heat and cover lightly with olive oil.
- Add garlic and seasonings to the hot pan.
- Cook for about a minute or so until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the beans and 1 cup of the bean liquid to the pan
- Stir and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 5 minutes or so, or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare the Vegetables
- Slice your green peppers.
- Heat a pan to medium heat.
- Coat pan with olive oil.
- Add peppers and onions to the hot pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes, and then add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook until vegetables are soft (but not too soggy!)
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Prepare the Chicken
- Rinse chicken breast.
- Slice chicken breast into small, thin cuts.
- Heat pan over medium to high heat and coat with olive oil.
- Add chicken to the pan.
- Add garlic salt, onion powder, cumin and remaining chili powder and oregano. (I recommend adding a little bit of each at a time to your preference.)
- Cook until the chicken is well done.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp of lime juice to the well done chicken.
- Set aside.
Prepare the Masterpiece Chipotle Restaurant-Style Fajita Bowl!
- Slice to leaves or romaine lettuce.
- Place brown rice on top of lettuce.
- Place vegetables on top of the brown rice.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Add guacamole.
- Top with shredded cheese!
If you don’t have the amazing Chipotle Restaurant near you, this Chipotle Restaurant-Style Fajita Recipe is a great substitute. At about $3.50 per serving, you are also getting a lot more for your buck. Besides, the ingredients are 100% and the seasonings can be tailored to your liking.