One of the biggest downfalls or setbacks to exercise is that it can take a good chunk of time out of your day. Grant it, it’s important enough to commit 1/2 an hour a day to it, but things happen. So, why can’t you do something else productive while exercising? Here is a list of things you can accomplish with your mind, while your body is pumping away!
1. Read your favorite magazine. Subscribe to a magazine that interest you. If you like golf, read a golf magazine when between sets, when walking, or while on the exercise bike. If it’s fashion, stay up to date with the latest styles. Walk faster, so you to, will look good in your new outfits!
2. Catch up on work. This is the best time to review the work you did for today, or to plan for work scheduled for tomorrow. Double check your work for mistakes, or think of ways to make your work day more efficient. Consider a new project you can do to impress your boss!
3. Podcasts, audio books. If you have an MP3 player or iPod, you can download podcasts that talk about your favorite subjects, thus making you an expert. Or, you can listen to your favorite book, or one that you, frankly, haven’t had the time to read. Before you know it, you will be done with your workout, and a lot smarter than you were before your exercise!
4. Watch TV. If you are exercising at home, or in a gym with a television, take a break from popular television and turn on National Geographic, the History Channel, etc. and learn a thing or two during your exercise. It’s amazing how much good information is on these stations. The more you know about the world you live in, the better off you will be!
5. Learn from a Partner. Workout with a buddy that is willing to teach you a thing or two. It can be someone that has your similar interests, but can offer a different perspective, or workout with a friend that is knowledgeable in an area that you know nothing about. Next workout, you can share your insights with your partner. Learning from a friend is one of the best ways to widen your knowledge base!