While it’s great to have a flat stomach and tight abs, you have to make sure that you aren’t neglecting the rest of your core muscles. Strong abs may create an imbalance in your body that can lead to poor posture and back pain if the rest of your core musculature is neglected.
The Ab Wheel is a great device to exercise with. I love the Ab Wheel because it primarily exercises your abdominal muscles, but also works out the many other muscles that make up your core. Combine this with a few other exercises and you will have a balanced core body workout!
Remember, like they say “you are what you eat,” it is also true that “you are your workout!”
The Balanced Ab Wheel Core Workout
Allow yourself 30 seconds to 1 minute of rest between exercises.
- 50 Pilates Crunches for Warm Up
- Perform as many straight Ab Wheel repetitions as you can. As much as possible move the Ab Wheel forward slowly and come back to the starting position at a normal pace.
- Hold Superman for 1 minute.
- Straight Ab Wheel – as many as you can.
- Do as many Ab Twists as you can.
- Straight Ab Wheel – as many as possible.
- Finish with a 1 minute Superman hold.