High intensity interval training (HIIT) is no new workout routine, but is gaining more and more scientific support that is should be included in your workout schedule at least twice per week. HIIT training is tough, but the payoff makes it worth it! With regular HIIT training, you will improve both your speed and endurance; in addition to, burning more fat and saving time. In fact, this 10 minute total body home HIIT workout routine will continue to burn calories for many hours after you complete it!
This workout routine is about as simple as you can get. You don’t need any equipment. The workout routine recommends using stairs, but you can substitute stairs for running in place.
10 Minute Total Body Home HIIT Workout Routine
The key to getting the most out of HIIT training is to push yourself to your max!
- Set your stopwatch for 10 minutes. I use the Interval Timer Iphone App.
- Monitor your stopwatch or set a tone to ring every 20 seconds.
- Run in place or run up and down your stairs for 20 seconds.
- Perform push ups on the stairs or on the floor for the next 20 seconds.
- Rest for the last 20 seconds of each minute
- Perform 10 total sets.